Thursday, June 25, 2020

It’s the Little Things #88

Happy Friday! It’s time for some little things from this week. My hope is that these posts spark a little something with you, give you an idea or solve a problem for you too.  It might be a quote, a print, what I’m reading, a favorite podcast, a playlist, a recipe, a helpful tip, a cleaning product, or something I added to our home. Basically if it’s something little that I feel is shareable or if it’s something I’d bring up to a friend over coffee or on the phone, I’m probably going to share it with you here. Here’s a link to all of the posts in this series. 

Are you planning a getaway this summer? With travel being different this summer, I thought that this post with 10+ freezer meals to take on vacation from Thriving Home might be helpful, especially if you’re renting a house or condo in lieu of staying in a hotel. Or how about a staycation? Having meals made ahead sounds like a vacation to me!

10+ Freezer Meals to Take on Vacation via Thriving Home 

This image stopped me in my scroll on @athomewithnikki ’s feed. The aqua got my attention but then I was trying to figure out what she had going on in that canister. You guys – it’s an alternative to a junk drawer.

image via @athomewithnikki

I am not a fan of the traditional junk drawer so you can imagine my excitement with this organizational idea. She uses travel pouches to contain specific items and labels the travel pouches so anyone can grab the right one. I did a little searching and found Nikki’s YouTube video where she details this process and shows what’s in each little pouch. Go here to check it out.

We went strawberry picking this week and can I tell you, this was such a fun family activity. If you have a farm near you (or not so near you), it’s strawberry season in most areas of the US. I shared this pic on Instagram.

We haven’t been berry picking in a while so I searched up farms near us and landed on one about 30 minutes away and we’ve been eating strawberries ever since. Besides eating them by the bowl full, we made this Strawberry Cobbler from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe and served it with fresh whipped cream. Delicious – like a giant strawberry shortcake – but better!

via Mel’s Kitchen Cafe

I’ve had a lot of questions recently along the lines of sustainability and reusables. If you are looking for alternatives to paper towels, it can be difficult to make the switch but the switch is worth it for a number of reasons. You won’t run out of paper towels, it’s more economical (if you go through 4-8 rolls a month, you could save up to $20+/month), and you’ll be making a step towards more sustainable home goods. This post shares what I use, how I use them and launder them.

Paper Towel Alternatives via Clean Mama

What have you been enjoying this week? Any little things to share?


from Clean Mama
https://cleanmama.com/its-the-little-things-88/

No comments:

Post a Comment